Looking to revitalize your locks and restore gloss and shine? An avocado mask might be the answer to lackluster hair problems! Avocados contain nutrients and fats which work hard to strengthen and nourish your ends, restore shine, prevent dandruff, and promote hair growth! This hair mask is so simple you’re going to want to implement it into your weekly hair care routine once you experience potential results. All you’re going to need is an avocado, olive oil, honey, and unsweetened almond milk.
What are the steps?
- Super simple, super easy, super fast. Simply scoop your avocado into a mixing bowl, and add in approximately 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Using a fork, mash these two ingredients together until they become a paste-like consistency. Next, add in one tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon almond milk, continuing to mash the ingredients until they are mixed well together. Voila! Your hair mask is made!
- Using a rubber spatula, smooth out the bumps in the paste by pressing the spatula anywhere you see lumps. Turn the batter over by lifting the bottom to the top and mixing well, creating a creamy yet fluffy consistency.
- Apply the mask by sectioning off your hair and working the batter through your locks using the spatula. Start at your scalp and bring it all the way down to your ends. Add a little extra to your ends for extra hydration!
- Using either a plastic shower cap or a towel, wrap or cap your hair to trap heat. If it's warm outside go sit in the sun and catch some rays while your hair transforms into soft, luscious locks. Throw on a Netflix episode or two and chill for about an hour before removing the mask!
- Shampoo, condition, rinse & repeat! We suggest shampooing and conditioning twice to get the mask fully out of your hair. Keep rinsing until the water runs clear. Then, wrap your hair up with a VOLO Hero microfiber hair towel and allow this cutie to do the drying for you. Let your hair down and prepare to be in love with the results!
So whenever you’re feeling like your locks need a little extra love, whip up a quick avocado mask, put on your favorite Netflix show, and let this super fruit do all the work for you! Don’t take it from us, Allure Magazine recently reviewed this hair mask and the results are in:
“Overall, my hair feels amazing. It hasn't felt this soft and silky in recent times. It's like Jennifer Aniston when her hair was at its peak levels of dopeness.” So whenever you’re feeling like your locks need a little extra love, whip up a quick avocado mask, put on your favorite Netflix show, and let this super fruit do all the work for you!