DIY Egg Yolk Hair Mask
Posted on November 04 2020
The holidays are right around the corner! And with the change of seasons come homemade cookies, holiday festivities, colder weather, and (to our dismay!) brittle hair. Help combat your dry, brittle hair by using simple, clean ingredients already in your kitchen. Our egg yolk mask will also fight against hair loss & heat damage often associated with excessive styling and stress! By incorporating an egg yolk hair mask into your weekly hair care regime, your hair will go from dull & flat to strong & shiny--leaving you stress-free and looking your best! Our newest intern, Sarah, has tried out this at-home hair treatment and highly recommends it. Her hair felt super soft post-treatment!
But how can an egg yolk save your hair from heat damage and excessive chemical treatment? Egg yolks are packed with Vitamin A, D, E, K, biotin, & folate--all important vitamins that are essential for healthy hair growth. Also packed with healthy omega-3 fats, egg yolk will properly hydrate your hair, giving you that bounce you’ve been looking for.
Ready to replenish your hair’s nature moisture and strengthen your follicles? Here’s what you’ll need: 1 small bowl, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Here are a few simple steps to make your own egg yolk hair mask and combat damage & hair fall out:
- Crack 2 eggs and separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. Discard the egg whites and put the egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Adding the aloe vera juice into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisk together the mixture.
- Gently heat the olive oil and whisk into the egg yolk and aloe vera juice mixture.
- Apply to damp hair and gently massage the egg yolk mask into your luscious locks, from the roots all the way to the ends.
- Now it’s time to sit back and let the magic happen! Let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Dry your hair with our VOLO Hero microfiber hair towel, and see how your hair transforms before your eyes!
Here’s what Sarah said after trying out the mask herself:
“Apply the mask to your hair over a sink, especially if you are using your hands to apply the mixture. Another pro-tip is to use a little brush that comes with most box hair dyes to apply the mixture--this will make less of a mess! Don’t forget to divide your hair into sections, and make sure you are wearing a t-shirt you don’t care about. Tie your hair up, wear a shower cap, and let the magic happen! Last but not least, shampoo your hair from the root to the ends to make sure you get it all out!”
Get ready for endless compliments this holiday season. It’s time to sit back and relax, knowing that your hair is healthy and beautiful! Let us know if you give this mask a try.